2021 Tasmanian Disability Festival
The inaugural Tasmanian Disability Festival (TDF) will be held in the North of the state in 2021 and will run over the month of December.
The festival will incorporate a series of events and initiatives that will offer people living with disability, carers and those associated with the sector, a series of informative, fun and interactive platforms from which to connect with the latest in products, services and information.
The Tasmanian Disability Festival incorporates the TDF Gala Dinner and Awards Night, the TDF Interactive Expo, and the TDF Art Prize.
The TDF Gala Dinner and Awards night will be held on International Day of People with Disability, December 3 at Launceston’s Country Club Tasmania. The event will recognise and celebrate the significant achievements of organisations, individuals and the community within the disability sector from across Tasmania.
The TDF Interactive Expo will be held at Woolmers Estate, Longford on December 4 and will host approx. 40 industry relevant Tasmanian and interstate exhibitors.
The festival will conclude with the TDF Art Prize which will provide a state-wide platform for Tasmanian artists who live with disability to share their art. The Art Prize will incorporate an exhibition of up to 40 finalists that will be on display at Woolmers Estate’s Nigel Peck Gallery between December 6 and December 31.
1 in 4 Tasmanians identify as living with disability with 26% of Tasmanians identifying as disabled compared to 18% nationally.*
*Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics 2015 Survey of Disability, Aging and Carers (SDA)
There are 12 awards spread across organisation and individual categories. All categories are now supported by Festival partners from the commercial and community sector.
• Excellence in Innovation Award
• Excellence in Community Accessibility Award
• Excellence in Creating Inclusive Environments
• Excellence in Community Partnerships Award
• Excellence in Education and Training Award
• Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award
• Outstanding Carer of the Year Award
• Excellence in Advocacy Award
• Outstanding Contribution by a Young Person
• Excellence in the Arts
• Lifetime Achievement Award
• The Tasmanian Disability Festival Scholarship
All winner trophies have been designed by Greg Mallet & built by a team of community members living with
disability with the support of the Launceston Mens Shed.
● Nominations open: Monday, July 5, 2021
● Nominations close: Friday, September 3, 2021
For more information visit tasmaniandisabilityfestival.com.au